Harold S. Lambert, who transferred to Emory & Henry after two years at Lees-McRae College, was a standout on the Wasps football team. He was inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame in 2003.
Lambert played end, kicker, and punter. In 1956, he was a member of the Smoky Mountain Athletic Conference Championship Team and Little Eight Champions. His senior year, he was selected to the All-Area and All-Little Eight first teams and the Methodist All-America second team.
Lambert played forward on the basketball team during the 1957-58 seasons, serving as team captain in 1958. He also played baseball for the Wasps.
Lambert received a master’s degree from Radford University. He coached at Rich Valley, Dublin, Parry McCluer, and Pulaski before becoming a school administrator in Pulaski county and retired as a principal. He was inducted into the Smyth County Sports Hall of Fame in 1999 for his success at Marion High School where he lettered in football, basketball, baseball, and track. He also won a Distinguished Youth Service Award from Pulaski County.